Tuesday, 5 August 2008

It's been two and a half months since I took the treatment. My symptoms of liver weakness have been canceled from the list one by one. Find myself more energetic and having more appetite.

But recently I got flu, followed by cough, sore throat and the illness I hate most, fever.. Almost every part of my body was heated up and I get to observe the effervescence of panadol soluble at 3am. Been forced to take a day off after 2 days of my placement. Actually, not been forced to, I was quite glad to have a 'special' holiday on Sunday since the shift for the placement is rather long. 8 hours of standing + 1 hour break = 8 hours of work + 1 hour of finding a place to sit all I want. Seems pathetic. The only advantage my family get is that they have the opportunity to shop in Mid Valley everyday and grab all the discounts due to daily stock clearance.

Currently, I'm learning all the OTCs. Supplements, minyak-minyak, antiseptic creams, eye, nose and ear drops, plasters, panadol, aspirin, cough syrups bla bla bla. I find it kinda funny that one would steal the cheap Minyak Kapak and not the very expensive supplements. Anyway, being a newbie, I chased away a few customers and made some embarrassing mistakes.

1. Two customers came in, asking for weight gain. I showed them the products and glanced through the phrase on the tin. 'Bayi' was the only word registered in my mind. So I told them that this is for baby and they left. Went back to have a look at the tin. 'Tidak sesuai untuk bayi'.

2. A customer came to buy liniment. It was in a tin with a cap. She knew the name and found the product herself. Been asked which one is better since there are 2 types of them. "Ini rasa limau punya" was my reply, thinking that it's a tin of lozenges. Hope she didn't consume it.

Guess I still have a lot more to study.

Anyway, went to see the doctor today. He suggested me to take up Chinese medicine after graduating, volunteering himself to teach me for free. Huh? What? A great doctor is going to be my sifu?? I'll jump over the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment