"Are you cold?" A senior citizen asked.
Bet he was attracted by Josephine's striking pink earmuff.
"A little."
"See, I'm not cold," showing his hands without gloves."I'm from a tropical country."
"I'm from Malaysia. It's hot there."
"Oh. When it's winter (in Malaysia), is it like this?"
"There's no winter in Malaysia."
"Are you going back home for Christmas?"
"Nope."
"So you will stay here?"
"Yup."
He looked sad.
"But I'll be back in summer."
Actually he has a strong accent that I couldn't get most part he was saying. He told me many things but was only replied with a smile. It was a shame that people here always tried to listen to me and most of the time they could catch every word I'd said but I couldn't do the same. Somehow their words just slipped through my ears.
Then came another guy while I was checking the eggs.
"Come on, juggle it."
He kept encouraging me.
"No, I can't do it."
"Oh, she can't do it," saying it to his friend.
An ordinary day filled with happy shopping people. Because of weekend? Start of holidays? Coming of Christmas? Or the sun came without snow? Whatever the reason is, it's good enough to see happy people.
No comments:
Post a Comment