Apart from exercising, the sweat glands have rarely secreted fluid onto the skin surface until recently the temperature here shot up to 30C with no warning beforehand. Just slightly less than the temperature at home. Worst of all, there was no wind. The body was as if melting even while sitting stationary. Windows were pushed outward to the maximum yet nothing has made us felt cooler. The best place was still Sainsbury's, chillingly comfortable. Fortunately the temperature went down after two days.
Watching dramas was the only free entertainment we got ourselves addicted to during the months waiting for graduation. From Taiwanese, HK to Korean. Days seem to pass by quicker. Somehow for the first time I started reflecting on myself while watching the stories go on. Never realised that drama is so close yet so far from reality.
Just read a post about a newly graduated medical student who went for a hospital placement. 'You're a doctor now. You're not a medical student anymore.' kept ringing in my mind. Started to worry when familiar medical terms were not recognised. Wondered how many of them had I forgotten. Never dare to call myself a pharmacist yet but in the eyes of others, I am. No one would allow student behaviours anymore once stepping into the workplace, especially in the matter of life and death.
Just read a post about a newly graduated medical student who went for a hospital placement. 'You're a doctor now. You're not a medical student anymore.' kept ringing in my mind. Started to worry when familiar medical terms were not recognised. Wondered how many of them had I forgotten. Never dare to call myself a pharmacist yet but in the eyes of others, I am. No one would allow student behaviours anymore once stepping into the workplace, especially in the matter of life and death.
No comments:
Post a Comment