It was an usual working day. Received a message from See Jie, asking me if I got a call from UTAR. Nope, I didn't. Don't really know what the matter was and didn't pay much attention to it, maybe it concerned scholarship or late registration. So later in the afternoon, got a call from an unknown number, think it was from UTAR, but didn't manage to answer it. Phoned home to check if they called my house. Yup, they did. Anxious.
The next day I called to confirm. "Congratulations, you've been offered the scholarship!" Somehow, I wasn't surprised to know that. Went to UTAR main campus in Section 13 with See Jie. Been directed here and there thrice!! Worse was that to the 2 same places, very tiring indeed. A challenge for our stamina, perhaps.
The next next day, went to have a look at UTAR Setapak campus, where we will be studying. Looking for houses to rent as well coz there is no hostel, luckily the university has a list for us. Went to see Eye On Malaysia on the way back. August. But a little dizzy as we proceeded towards it.
At first, I really thought that I would be a UTARian no matter what. Didn't really know why I felt a bit uneasy after the visit. Very far from home, I guess, considering the fact that I may have to transfer to Kampar later. Thought of giving up the scholarship if I got public offer. Thought of Monash as well though I gave up Monash since January. Confused. Dad, firmly, asked me to study there first and if public offered what I want then only I decide what to do. However, to withdraw means I have to pay but dad's willing to. Guess it's set.
The next next next day, which was yesterday, See Jie called to ask me about the room she's found. Cosy, nice and clean. But I really couldn't make up my mind. He was there to comfort me. Cried, when he stated my true feelings through sms, thought that no one would know about it. Somehow, See Jie convinced me that it's actually not as what I think it is. Felt much better, glad to know that many supported me.
Now, I'll follow dad's plan. If I could adapt to the lifestyle then I'll stay. Thanks for being there for me =)
No comments:
Post a Comment