It was 9.30pm. As usual, he packed his things and went home. A few minutes later, I received his call, saying that he banged a motorcyclist when he was trying to make a U-turn.
Shocked.
At the same time, a security guard came ringing my door bell, urging bro and I to rush there because he was hit by the motorcyclist on his head. My mind was blank. I didn't know what I could do but I just wanted to be there.
He and the guy were making calls. I called mum. There was a woman trying to settle things. I do thank her. He told me that after the accident, he reversed his car to the roadside. The steering was immovable as the front wheels were not parallel anymore. Then he went down to have a look at the guy. Before he could do anything, a hand pushed him down to the ground and he experienced moments of blackout. His specs dropped and he didn't realize that he had fell onto the ground. Someone picked up his specs and returned it. I do thank that person. After he regained consciousness, he called me. He suffered pain in his right ear and jaw, his view was blur. His action was rather clumsy, but not very. He only responded well to the guy and the friends who came to help.
How could that guy do that? His size was only a quarter of the guy. How could the guy hit the weak and someone who was trying to settle things peacefully? The guy, who is quite muscular, only had a few scratches on the limbs. The scratches will heal easily and the motorcycle can be fixed. What if his injuries were severe? What if he would have to suffer for the rest of his life? Why has the world became so brutal? Pressure? Stress?
'Ini naik. Itu naik. Skrang kena repair pula.' Is it so?
There came a gang of guys who claimed to be repairmen. Surprisingly, they know the guy and the gang. This tranquilized the atmosphere. My parents reached then. Dad followed the guy to a clinic nearby and paid the medication fees. Not much, only RM30. The doctor told my dad that the guy was fine; no serious injury.
Mum wanted to report but the gang rejected immediately. We insisted. Then one of the repairmen asked us to change the story and the guy agreed. It was still undecided whether we wanted to report or not to.
After settling everything, the guy left, accompanied by the gang. His uncle came. They discussed about repairing the car and motorcycle. His uncle sent him home and the car was left at the scene to be sent for repair.
No comments:
Post a Comment