Last week of 2010 was spent with notes, journals and illness.Wonder if it were due to extreme stress to study for the very final exam of the course.
Onset of flu was rather quick. Fever came few hours later after started feeling unwell. Been manipulated by Mei Kee while trying to wrap myself up for forceful perspiration. Fever remained even though the thermometer didn't record anything more than 37.5C. Paracetamol seemed not very useful. Slept almost every 2 hours the next day.
Fatigue. Gave myself a break from study. Hoping for recovery soon. Study plan has been changed from Plan A to Plan B and now Plan C. Thermometer still gave me non-fever temperature. Wonder if there were any errors. Maybe the thermometer tried to prove its competency and finally recorded something above 38C, forcing me to rest. Flatmates suggested making herbal tea for me to cool me down. Touched. Also borrowed some honey to soothe my throat, made me desire to get some for myself.
Fever was up and down. Sleep became a problem when terrible nose congestion forced me to breathe through mouth, which will indirectly trigger my throat to cough. It was difficult to sleep through the whole night without being waking up by cough.
Somehow the family enjoy shopping online recently that almost everyday there was a ring at the door. Their excitement and yelling were kicking my curiosity but the flu asked me to stay in bed. Still, I wish to have a look.
Last day of 2010 was perhaps the first day I saw Josephine throughout the week. Fever was successfully controlled by regular paracetamol, giving me more energy finally. To fulfill my craving for ABC soup, I boiled it for everyone. Turned out to be fascinating good smelling but totally tasteless. Anyway, pepper's a good flavouring to deceive the tongue.
Out of nowhere, a song came in and I couldn't get it out from my head. Played it several times repeatedly in youtube, just like him. Didn't realize the time till the sound of fireworks was heard. Gazed through the sky searching for little sparkles. 孔明灯 can be spotted too.
Sleep was still a problem. Kar Lai lent out her drowsy decongestant. It was effective but not absolutely drowsy. In fact, I was rather restless and didn't really sleep well. When I looked at it today, then I knew the reason for this throughout the night. A combined drug with 2 actives of similar therapeutic effect but opposite side effects.
And most importantly, he was there for me all along; taking care of me despite being stressed by study as well. I knew that he studies till very early in the morning. Guess everyone is taking this last exam very seriously. I apologize for getting emo whenever I failed to cope with the symptoms. Happy New Year. May everyone excel in exams.
Fever was up and down. Sleep became a problem when terrible nose congestion forced me to breathe through mouth, which will indirectly trigger my throat to cough. It was difficult to sleep through the whole night without being waking up by cough.
Somehow the family enjoy shopping online recently that almost everyday there was a ring at the door. Their excitement and yelling were kicking my curiosity but the flu asked me to stay in bed. Still, I wish to have a look.
Last day of 2010 was perhaps the first day I saw Josephine throughout the week. Fever was successfully controlled by regular paracetamol, giving me more energy finally. To fulfill my craving for ABC soup, I boiled it for everyone. Turned out to be fascinating good smelling but totally tasteless. Anyway, pepper's a good flavouring to deceive the tongue.
Out of nowhere, a song came in and I couldn't get it out from my head. Played it several times repeatedly in youtube, just like him. Didn't realize the time till the sound of fireworks was heard. Gazed through the sky searching for little sparkles. 孔明灯 can be spotted too.
Sleep was still a problem. Kar Lai lent out her drowsy decongestant. It was effective but not absolutely drowsy. In fact, I was rather restless and didn't really sleep well. When I looked at it today, then I knew the reason for this throughout the night. A combined drug with 2 actives of similar therapeutic effect but opposite side effects.
And most importantly, he was there for me all along; taking care of me despite being stressed by study as well. I knew that he studies till very early in the morning. Guess everyone is taking this last exam very seriously. I apologize for getting emo whenever I failed to cope with the symptoms. Happy New Year. May everyone excel in exams.
平安走过一年已经是最幸福的事了
It's a bliss to live through a year safe and sound
No comments:
Post a Comment