After a month of floor-measuring, that's what Li Shan said, but to me it was a period for me to rest, I've finally started working again with Li Shan, Wai Xin, Yi Ming and Agung at Nanyang's Circulation Department.
Interview:
So it was on last Monday 5 of us went for an interview. All of us were asked to go into the room together. Me and Li Shan passed the interview with not much difficulties since they wanted girls for sure (coz the whole department only has 2 guys--1 is in the freezing room and the other is the boss) and for the guys, well, they're hired as well since the department needs more people but they have do telemarketing. Li Shan and I were lucky coz we're doing data entry, that shouldn't be that tough, right?
Day 1:
Well, we were asked to start working a day after the interview, however, Li Shan was busy and unable to make it, so just me and the guys, thinking that I was going to type and they were going to call.. When we reached there, the guard told us to get a sticker from Mr. Wong on 3rd floor for our cars so that we can park inside instead of the visitors'.. and so we went searching for Mr. Wong but were told that he had not came yet.. then we went down to canteen and watched Agung having his breakfast then went to 3rd floor again.. finally, Mr. Wong was there but he said we had to report ourselves at the personnel department first, and so we went there but just to be told that part-timers need not to report themselves, and so we went to Mr. Wong again, haih.. He was a bit grumpy and called our department. He couldn't get to the lady who interviewed us, but another girl who also works in the freezing room. So in the end, we didn't get anything and went to our department, and we knew quite well that we were going to be scolded on our 1st day..
Finally, we started working. Me and Wai Xin did not get to do what we were told as they asked us to cancel the subscription of the papers, quite a pile of them, don't know if we were lucky or what.. Agung and Yi Ming had to call, getting lots of weird responses from the subscribers.. but Wai Xin was asked to do data entry when our 1st day was about to end and he's still doing it now.. Well, after calling hundreds of people, both of them had to do summary, calculating number of people subscribing Nanyang or others, reasons they wanna cancel their subscriptions...... It was their 1st time so it was kinda stressful for them coz it must be balanced overall..
Day 2:
Our working time is 9-6. Since we got punch cards and always come early, we had been consistently punching our cards at around 8.45am and 6.15pm, thinking that we could earn more but... we just found out that it's useless, haih.. So today all of us did the same thing, me and Li Shan did filing and canceling till we were so used to the names of the related people..
Day 3:
Agung was asked to go upstairs to write cheque for all the staff, wow~ Yi Ming started filing and all sorts and Li Shan and I... had to call~~~~ Wa, that would be our nightmares!! After few attempts trying to delay the time and gathering information from Mrs. Leong about what we have to do, we finally started our first call.. Mrs. Leong is kinda... well, i don't really know how to say, according to Li Shan, there's only 1 word--snake (in mandarin or cantonese).. and she actually taught us how to snake, haih.. So we got braver to go out with excuses like going to toilet or refilling our bottles.. but we did go to toilet or refill our bottles..
Day 4:
Still the same, more snakes this time, haha.. Now the word snake belongs to me and Li Shan, haih, me actually don't want to be related to snakes.. Li Shan started experiencing pain in her ears, me still fine..
Then skipped to day 7
Day 7:
Li Shan didn't come today coz wanted to watch a football match of chelsea vs don't know who, haha.. I was asked to do data entry, finally!! but have to work in the freezing room. The moment I stepped into the room, I will start shivering, and wonder how I made it for the first day as I did not prepare any more clothes though someone lend her not-so-warm coat to me.. at least I was not frozen, thanks to her.. Though shaking non-stop but settled down after few minutes, I really enjoyed working in there coz there are only 4 people and all of them always crack jokes and... well, the atmosphere there is more relax and it's so nice..
Day 8:
Li Shan came, and since her ears were still aching, so we were told to exchange jobs ie she went into the freezing room and I had to call, haih, I thought I had finally set myself free from calling.. but never mind coz I get to train my speaking skills.
Day 9:
Still the same but Li Shan and Agung decided to leave due to transport problems, so this was the last day for Li Shan but think Agung would still work I guess..
So that would be it, and I know it's kinda long.. There gonna be something more interesting soon, but I'm still considering whether to post it or not..
No comments:
Post a Comment